Field Notes

In September 2018 I supported a project on Unbound called 'Field Notes' by Maxim Peter Griffin.

I had followed his work for a while and enjoyed his visual style and the way that he captured the local landscape around his home in Lincolnshire. He had illustrated a number of books and shared his image via Twitter. 

There's an interview here too.

He writes a column in a local magazine: LincsLife, and tweets here.

I like his tweets with a snapshot of what he sees as he walks to his night shift work and the psychogeographical tone to the works.

This video shows a little more of his work, and mentions influences including Alan Garner and Jonathan Meades (both people I've blogged about numerous times in the past for their work on place)


And now, I've heard that my copy of the book is on its way to me... I'll share some thoughts here when it arrives, and a review over in the GeoLibrary.

Comments