East of Ipswich #2: Southwold and Sons

I'm spending the week in Southwold.

Southwold and Son is a website which contains an  archive of details on shops and businesses in the town on the Suffolk coast.

This is a popular place to visit for many, and people are drawn back to the town again and again. I visited during National Fieldwork Week in the early summer.
There are some interesting old signs along the High Street showing what shops used to be, and there has been quite a lot of change in recent years.

I will be sharing some images from my time over on my Flickr page too.

The map has a useful click interface to assess the details of every shop and road.

Southwold Hospital Redevelopment is opening after a major redevelopment - see the separate post on this.

The name of the post comes from a film made by and written by Michael Palin, who holidayed in the town as a child.

Comments