GCSE Natural History

There was a lot of excitement at the announcement of a new GCSE course for the first time in quite a few years back in 2022. The specification is going to provide a new GCSE option in a subject called Natural History.

As I have blogged previously, this will combine aspects of geography, biology and other sciences, ecology, literature and art - with a little history.

It will involve fieldwork in the local area and further afield.

To prepare for my possible involvement in teaching this new specification, perhaps as a final little challenge as part of my teaching career, I started to write and create a few online resources: with a Facebook group (over 750 members) and a blog which is sharing initial ideas and links so that I can harvest them later. 

You may have missed them, but if you are interested in my initial thinking around the specification, whose introduction it seems has been delayed until 2026 - what are they thinking given the current state of the natural world...

Comments