Hillslope Modelling in Scratch

In the 1980s, my geography teacher and one of my lecturers collaborated on coding a simple hillslope model which looked at runoff on a hillslope. It was made available as an early piece of software for purchase and reviewed in TG at the time. I wrote about it here.

It was for sale at the time - for use on the BBC B computer.

The TG description is shown here.

A post from Dr. Chris Skinner led me to a modern take on this theme.

A group of people led by Dai Yamazaki have been coding a model for the movement of water down and through a hillslope using Scratch and have made the code available.

There's a close link with the model from the 1980s.... I had a copy.

You can tinker with the code as well. If I had a little more time I'd give this a go.


 


Comments