Memories of Salzburg

Salzburg is a city I have visited a number of times over the year as part of the ERASMUS projects that I took part in over the years. I have visited at different times of year, with some being during the winter, with snow falling thickly making it hard to drag my case, and others in the heat of the summer months, walking over the 'Sound of Music' style pastures from the university.

I've also taken some of my favourite photos in and around the city.

This view was taken from the Stiegl Keller restaurant, where there is excellent food and beer as well as views of the city. A remarkable thunderstorm had been circling the city, giving a stunning lightning show as well as causing us to take shelter from the torrential rainfall.

The city is wonderful to visit for its architecture and history as well as links with other cultural aspects e.g. Mozart.

Image: Dom after thunderstorm / Hohensalzburg fortress and an artwork called 'Sphaera' by Stephan Balkenhol. - Alan Parkinson, shared under CC license

My first read of the year was this book - over on the GeoLibrary blog.

What cities do you always look forward to going back to?

Comments