Worldly Wednesdays

From September, I am going to be reducing my teaching down to just four days a week and reducing my teaching commitments a little, to ease pressure, and free up time for some other varied consultancy work alongside my existing commitments. A day less on the commute will also be welcome.

I want to stay in the classroom for a long as possible, but fitted around the desire to also have time to travel and involve myself in a wide range of additional experiences while I can - my recent involvement with the Royal Geographical Society is an example of that external involvement.

All of these external events feed into, and enrich my teaching as well as providing me with what Michael Storm called 'professional zest'. As many readers of the blog over the years will be well aware, I already have quite a few little 'projects' to refresh this zest and ensure that I keep supporting other colleagues, both experienced and those new to the profession.

- blogging - a wide range of other blogs in addition to LivingGeography

- work writing and reviewing for Oak National Academy as they develop their geography specifications for KS3 (having previously worked on the KS2 offering which is taking shape nicely - check it out!)

- textbook authoring - which will be ongoing into 2025

- GCSE Natural History 'preparations' - blog, Facebook group, Twitter feed curation and preparation of resources

- further consultancy with a range of organisations, including CPD for ITE providers, serving on Consultative Forums as well as resource creation both free of charge and also as a paid author, and articles for journals and other websites


My free day is Wednesday, and these will be available for me to work on external projects.

I've decided to call these my Worldly Wednesdays. I even made a logo...

If you think you have something that would be of interest to me, whether it's some writing or an event that you'd like my input into that takes place on a Wednesday, please get in touch. 

Want to invite me to something, or ask me to work with you or your department for the day? I can ZOOM anywhere, or travel depending on location. I know there will be some events that I usually do that will slot in some of the gaps in the Summer term in particular.

Email me, DM me on Twitter or contact me in some other way, even by commenting on this post.

You can check my latest availability on this spreadsheet. I'll fill this in as my Wednesdays start to get booked up with things. And if no one wants me I'll go and have a pub lunch somewhere, have a walk on the coast or go to the library...

Comments