VP Education: Summer reading

My new blog has now passed 1000 views: a small but pleasing milestone for a niche blog which is yet to find its main audience perhaps. It's called 'At the Home of Geography'.

In it, I talk about my work as Vice President: Education and how it will develop over the next four years.

This summer has involved me having lots of Zoom calls and face to face meetings to get up to speed on the vast range of work being undertaken by colleagues and volunteers on a range of committees, working groups and other forums. 

I've also been exploring the work of the Eastern Region committee: one of a number of regional committees that put on their own programme of events.

I've contributed to some preliminary work around the GCSE results.
Also relating to a survey on the quality of climate change education at that level and the contents of textbooks.

One of the next areas I will be involved with is the forthcoming Curriculum and Assessment Review by Becky Francis and colleagues. This will involve seeking the views of RGS Fellows and members and others in the subject community, as well as drawing on the experience of the various committees and other staff at the Society. A fascinating year ahead coming up.


Comments