Delays to GCSE Natural History

Yesterday, I saw a message on Threads (I've stepped away from Twitter as you know) about delays to the GCSE Natural History being reported on Schoolsweek.

When I first saw the headline I thought it may be that the plug had been pulled on the project, but it was just confirming something that was already inevitable: that it would be 2026 at the earliest before schools would be able to start teaching the new GCSE option.


This is due to the requirements for consultation on content with specified lengths and then rewrites from the awarding bodies etc. plus training, production of training and support materials and plenty of other preparations.

If you didn't already know, there is a Facebook group that you can join if you're interested in following the developments.

I also have a blog which now has over 350 posts, in preparation for teaching and creating resources. I have a very large Google Drive folder already.

Comments