Worldly Wednesday #18: Thinking and writing

 Another term-time Wednesday means it's time for another Worldly Wednesday


The publication of a Substack newsletter was the first task of the day.


Thanks to all those who have already subscribed will have received your copies by email. 
The subscriber list is growing, but not as fast as I'd like. 

For the rest of the day I mostly worked on a new publishing project. This has been over a year of work, and there is still quite a bit to do.
The project involves three books of which I am series editor. 
They are now available to pre-order on the Collins website.

They are for iGCSE Geography - the updated Cambridge Specification, and represent the 4th edition of  a book which I have been involved with since the 1st series.

This book has been fully updated Cambridge IGCSE. IGCSE (9-1) and O Level Geography (0460/0976/2217) syllabuses, providing full coverage for examination from 2027.



There is a Student Book with 400 pages which will be badged with the Cambridge logo as the content has been through the Awarding body's approval/accreditation process.


There will also be a 240 page Teacher Guide. This has not been through the same process. It will contain lesson planning and resource links and more suggested answers to questions in the Student Book.

The final product in the series, for which I have been Series Editor is a Workbook to accompany the Student Book. This includes additional questions, exam style questions and 

Thanks to my fellow authors and to Lucy and Letitia (and) others from Collins.

A more detailed post on the book and the process of creating it will come in March when the book is published. Please let anyone you know who teaches iGCSE about the new book for the new specification.

I also did some reading and thinking about curriculum structures for a couple of upcoming curriculum projects.

I also started in on Substack Newsletter #4

And finished with an episode of the Traitors.

Comments