The first session of the 2nd day was rounded off by the ESRI Education team of Katie Hall and David Morgan. I had enjoyed their company on the first day as we tried to create a sustainable community on a desert island. They had been on the road all week in their ongoing efforts to bring GIS to the UK.
They brought us up to speed with their work.
There was also a useful timeline of GIS in the classroom, going back to Google Earth - which certainly changed my teaching for ever. My Google Earth blog was in right at the start of this. I contacted Google as soon as I saw it, and also got some early funding from the RGS. I was also involved in leading ESRI courses with Jason Sawle during my time working for the GA (and shortly after).
The final step is still unknown, but there has been a lot of effort to get this far....

Comments