DG Outtake #18: Stop the Traffik

Human trafficking is something I have been writing some resources about recently for a new book series called 'Discover Geography'.

This is one of a series of blog posts linked to the research I did for the 'Discover Geography' series, and mentioning some of the reading I did to prepare some of the chapters.

Not all of this material made it into the final book so I'm sharing it in these posts.

This topic is included in one of the chapters that I worked on.

There are various maps and GIS platforms which explore this issue. 

We had some major news stories in this area.

This is well worth a look.


The Stop the Traffik website is excellent.


They released an app to help report suspicious activity.

Originally launched in 2016, STOP THE TRAFFIK’s “STOP APP” is the first of its kind to enable people anywhere in the world to report suspicious incidents of human trafficking – putting the power to stop trafficking onto everyone’s smartphone.

Comments