After an orientation day for some of the students in the school, it was time for me to have a few non-teaching days.
This morning, I started the day by doing a keynote for the Enhancing Fieldwork Learning Showcase event. This is organised by a group of academic geographers who have been working in this area for many years. I last spoke at their event in 2010 over at Preston Montford, talking about Mission:Explore.
The website for the EFL team is here, and they also have a LinkedIn group.
It was a useful session which was apparently well received, and there was one follow up question which was to think ahead to what fieldwork might look like in five years time.
Over the summer I've now made it up to Issue 88, and will pass the 100th issue ahead of Christmas.
The rest of the day was spent writing, researching and pondering...



Comments